Tuesday 9 March 2010

Snap - or should that be split...?

I blogged about the impact the harsh winter had had on Waterlily here....

This is the damage I repaired, well one bit that got the frost treatment.



It seems we were not the only ones to have that dreaded running water sound accompanied by a busy water pump. Jim on Starcross suffered even though he drained down his system. I'm worried now after this latest cold snap we will find another split when we next return to Waterlily.

The solution is to live aboard when it gets really cold... and maybe have an excuse as to why I can't get to work !!

From Jims Starcross blog.....

5 comments:

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

That sounds like a jolly good idea! Teachers have Bakers Days you could have, My pipes may freeze day! Joking aside it is a worry, it has been a harsh winter, Tickety Boo's paint work looks awful and her blacking which is well over due being redone is practically non exsistent, having been bashed and scraped away by the ice. No guesses what I will be up to this summer!

Debbie.

Jim said...

My split's bigger than yours :-)
Jim

Nev Wells said...

Debbie,

At least you can keep Tickety Boo nice and warm - plus with a name like that she should be Tickety Boo all the time??

Nev

Nev Wells said...

Jim,

I had two splits on my boat !!

Nev

Oh - that's a bad thing :-(

Nev Wells said...

Jim,

I had two splits on my boat !!

Nev

Oh - that's a bad thing :-(