Saturday 13 March 2010

AArgghh missed it !!

One of our favorite cruising routes is between our moorings at Fradley and Stone. Indeed Stone is still one of the places along with Alrewas, Willington and Burston we would like to retire to. Andrew on Ganny Buttons has not quite retired to Willington but he sings the villages praises here and I can see why

For the last couple of years we have cruised passed a small lock side cottage at Sandon lock. Every time it has looked deserted. I took the trouble to ask our property agents to see if they could find who owns it so I could make some enquiries. They came back with a request for more information.

Last weekend I took the bike over to get a photo to help identify it and to my excitement then horror I first saw a for sale board then realised it was a converted to sold for sale board. I cannot tell you how disappointed I was.

I phoned the agents up there and then and they said it was on for offers around 95k and went for between 110 and 1120k It needs plenty of work but when done it will be a beautiful house at a fine location. Buggerations , why was I not more proactive and why did I not use common sense and try BW myself.... aargghhhh

So my best hope is that someone has brought it as a development opportunity. So next time I am out that way I will drop a note or call and leave my details - on the off chance.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was sorry to read our blog about missing out on this property. It reminds me of what happened to my husband and I last year - similar but not the same. We wanted and had looked out for a general store. Our favourite one came up for sale. Big excitement! We put in an offer, it was accepted. Went to sign the contract and saw they'd added a clause that the tenant was to have notice in writing with first option to buy. We'd been assured they'd asked the tenant and the tenant couldn't afford to buy the property but they'd only done this verbally so it was technicality. I don't need to tell you what happened next. We were devastated.

We can just imagine the intense disappointment when you saw that "sold" sign. We keep telling ourselves that something better is going to come along.

Good luck to you!
Elli in Australia