Its a sad time indeed for users and the majority of employees of the canal network. There is no way 20% of the workforce can be made redundant without significant if not catastrophic impact on the system.
It appears the maintenance is being contracted out which will mean more costs going out and less work being done - the shareholders will need paying!!
And....and the money being taken out of the company is unbelievable. See the salaries being taken
- Robin Evans Chief Executive £566,354
- Mark Bensted Regeneration Director £672,850
- Steve Dunlop Director Scotland £170,764
- Nigel Johnson Corporate Services Director £331,987
- Stuart Mills Director of Property £308,154
- Vince Moran Operations Director £327,824
- Philip Ridal Finance Director £330,561
- Simon Salem Marketing Director £413,584
- Jim Stirling Technical Director £382,104
It costs me £2,000 to have my boat in the cut I have no problem with this if it goes to workers to maintain it and money to fund the improvements. I cannot accept this group of 9 people are taking such a ridiculous amount of money. NO ONE needs that sort of money to live and they are not worth it by such a large margin.
In my home city the Vice Chancellor of my University which employs significantly more staff gets paid under a third of what Evans does and its the same story at the very large hospital in Derby
There is simply not justification for this and the fact is these greedy humans are expecting to be Tupe'd over on the same T&C's
I URGE YOU TO PUBLISH THE SAME INFORMATION ON YOUR BLOGS AND TELL PEOPLE YOU KNOW ABOUT IT. I WILL BE WRITING TO MY MP TO RAISE THIS ISSUE DIRECTLY WITH HIM.
At some point we have to act to protect what we hold dear.