Friday 8 January 2010

90% of the canals are frozen solid

British Waterways said nearly 90% of its 2,200-mile (3,540-km) river and canal network had frozen solid

This is the line BBC are reporting. That is some widespread and ongoing freeze. We shouldn't be surprised as it is reported that the sea is freezing in the south west.

For my sins I have been getting up at 5am to be in work at 6am to give the call about the status of our site that gets posted on our web site at 7am.

So you toasty warm retired livaboards - its not all bad !!

Nev

Oh and I get to work on my cycle.... hardy bugger I am

1 comment:

Halfie said...

Hmm. I cycled the 6 miles into work on Thursday as I'd imagined the roads would be gridlocked. It took about an hour - twice as long as usual - as my rear wheel simply spun on the freshly compacted snow when I tried to put any power on. I found myself wondering if two-wheel drive bicycles exist! Actually they would be even worse: with no power on the front wheel at least the bike is steerable. Coming home at 1930 was much easier. The next day I drove. Easier still!