Sunday 10 June 2012

How very weired we must seem

My colleagues at work ask me where I am heading for my annual leave, they think I am joking when I say Stoke on Trent ( last year) or Stourport this year. They have exotic and expansive/complicated ( read stressfull for me anyhow) foreign holidays and cannot comprehend a holiday in this country let alone to somewhere as unappealing as Stoke or Kidderminster. Truth is I like this ignorance....it allows me to enjoy my country at my pace with little planning and lots of enjoyment. It also keeps my hard earned in this country which has to be a good thing. It would be nice to get some vitamin D from the sun but most times I come back looking as tanned as they do as several hours a day out in the elements does change your complexion somewhat, you just have to look at the images of some of the continuous cruisers to see that, as well as the smile lines which say it all. So I am in planning mode for the pending holiday cruise, looks like Stourbridge or Bugsworth basin, it is an exotic secret I enjoy holding

7 comments:

John and Louise said...

Exactly the same for us Nev - work colleagues don't get it and that's just fine by us. Heading for similar destinations ourselves this summer - we'll look out for you.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time Nev, what it's all about wherever you are.

H

Unknown said...

Hi Nev, I'm sure that you had a relaxing time on the boat,hope the weather wasn't too bad. Hope to see you soon. Pamxx

Nev Wells said...

Pam,

We were actually in Wales n the bike for a few days. I am sure you had a good time at Trish's we need to visit soon to see how nice a place she has.

See you soon,

Nev

Nev Wells said...

Pam,

We were actually in Wales n the bike for a few days. I am sure you had a good time at Trish's we need to visit soon to see how nice a place she has.

See you soon,

Nev

Sarah said...

There's one really good pub in Stourport - the Hollybush. Excellent beer and out of this world chips.

Nev Wells said...

Sarah,

Sound good, but the beer might get a miss, pub chips will be explored for sure,

Hope all is well on the Shroppie, we might come back via a partial trip up there and back as it is one of our favourites.....I feel a photo review for tonight is on the cards,

Nev