Sunday 20 March 2011

Supermoon - doing a Denny


Did a Denny last night. It was supermoon time click here for more info

This is the best I could do - mainly as I left it too late and watched a film and only went out at about 11.30 to let Leia have a wee.

It was not without incident either.

I decided I wanted a portrait shot and whilst adjusting the tripod the fixing snapped !!

So this pic was taken with my camera on the bottom lock gate beam.

Then as I was walking over the bottom lock gates to go back to the boat..... plop in went the broken tripod ! It went in at a location that makes it impossible to get out. A few boats have come by already and non in the weedhatch removing a mangled tripod - it was a fold up type and cheap so I recon it will settle in the mud and not be seen for a few more years.

Amateur or what !

4 comments:

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Nice piccy Nev, oh the things us photographers have to put up with. Your post made me giggle only because that's exactly the type of thing I would do! Is it boaters do you think?

Debbie.

Elaine and Paul said...

A cracking photo! I know it is unfortunate but well worth the loss of a broken tripod for!

All the best
Paul

Anonymous said...

Nice angle on this image.

Les Biggs said...

Nev, the next thing will be doing a real Denny and going out in the middle of the night and the crack of dawn.