Thursday 24 April 2008

Mercia Marina update

True to his word Robert Neff the new marina manager sent the information pack for the new marina. I think the costs are too high for us and the thought of being in such a large community, albeit of boaters, does not appeal. So for now we will stay put on our very rural home moorings.

There is an open day over the May bank holiday weekend. Also Robert has invited me down at any time to meet him, which I intend to do.

I still have reservations about the number of marina being built on the T&M see my post about it earlier Not so much about marina as I think they are better than long lines of moored boats. I do enjoy boats moored on the cut as I am very nosey and I also think they maintain the character of the canal, but they should be less long lines - anyone doing the Shroppie north of Market Drayton will know what I mean.

I just hope the proliferation of marinas on the T&M and BW's one in ten rule don't impact on my mooring - I hate the sight of blood, no so bad when its not my own !

Nev

No comments: