Wow.. how do I write this without resorting to a major rant.....anyhow here goes, might be of interest to some.
You might remember this post.....clicky here
Well on Monday I received this.....
Dear Mr Wells
Please forgive this unsolicited email, but we thought you might wish to be informed that L'Attitude Adjustment is now available again after the agreed sale failed to complete. If you would like an appointment to view, please let us know.
How delighted we were. Straight onto the email and arranged a second viewing on the Wednesday morning at 10am.
Viewed, loved the boat again and within 6 hours of viewing the boat we had made an offer quite close to the asking price and within £500 of the price the boat had been sold for previously. On the home straight now, finances secured and advised ABNB of this with an offer to buy the previuos survey to speed things up.
Then we got this......
Dear Neville & Rachel
I can confirm receipt of your email and that I will discuss with the vendors the details of your offer. As you probably know, they are in Canada at present therefore we have to take account of the time difference for phone calls etc - I will let you know as soon as possible the outcome of the conversation.
One complication has arisen in only the last few hours - the previous interested party had been asked to contact us regarding the refund of their deposit, but have instead, today, informed us that they have reconsidered and wish to put forward a new offer. In these circumstances (when more than one offer is received in the same working day) both offers must be put to the vendor and their decision reported back to each of the interested parties (no details of any offer can be revealed to any other party, of course, for ethical reasons).
I can fully understand that this will be a frustration to you, taking into consideration the previous circumstances, but we have done nothing to influence the timing of these events and can only proceed in a manner designed to be as fair to all parties as possible.
Now call me cynical...... add in your own perception of what was happening here.
Just now received this......
Dear Neville & Rachel
I have now received the vendors' decision regarding the two offers put to them for L'Attitude Adjustment, one of which was the offer from yourselves.
I am afraid that I have disappointing news in that they have instructed us to accept the offer of the other party. I am particularly sorry to disappoint you a second time regarding the same boat, and empathise with you that the timing of the receipt of the other offer was very unfortunate for you.
I can only hope that another suitable boat comes onto brokerage in the near future, and wish you well in your search.
The timing of the other offer was 'very unfortunate for you' I'd have to agree with this 110% What to make of it ....well that is down to your own interpretation.
We are so very frustrated. Its not just about all the time taken in viewings, time taken off work, financial arrangements etc, but the dreams that get shattered in an instant.
Well onwards and upwards as they say. I think I need to get out on Waterlily sometime soon!
We got us a convoy ...
4 hours ago