Saturday 31 December 2011

Fradley water torture

Sitting here writing this I can hear what sounds like dripping water..... Not good when you are on a boat! I went across the cut this afternoon and filled up the water tank. On returning I noticed diesel bloom coming from the back of the boat, it appears it is coming from the filler cap. I did top the diesel up last trip but I can see no reason why I am getting diesel seeping from the filler cap....it is not much and seems to come when the engine is run, I suppose it could be the diesel vibrating spitting onto the underside of the filler cap and running out via the thread? Anyhow for now I have put some kitchen paper around the cap to collect any overnight and I'll check it in the morning.

I have also found water spray near the water pump.... Can't see where it is coming from but I'll check again when Rachel showers later.

I think the drip drip outside has stopped...I think it is the mud giving up air bubbles that I have disturbed when mooring after watering I will resist the temptation to go out with a torch...for now.

We went for a nice walk to the coop in Fradley today, that is down the Coventry. We normally go to the Alrewas Coop but fancied a different walk which was very pleasant. It has been very quiet boat and people wise here today. I expect New Years day will bring more out as the weather has been given out as getting better and quite warm.

So whatever you are doing tonight may it be enjoyable and I wish you a safe and healthy New Year.

Take care

Nev

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It never stops does it? Always something to worry about or needs fixing. Happy New Year cruising to you both

ditchcrawler said...

Get a new washer for the diesel filler, if diesel can get out, water can get in.